The Civil Engineering Department is one of the oldest departments in the Institut Teknologi Sepuluh Nopember (ITS), Surabaya, Indonesia. Founded in 1957, it was initially located at Undaan Kulon Street, Surabaya, as a Faculty of Civil Engineering within a formally private university called Perguruan Tinggi Teknik 10 Nopember, which was the embrio of the current ITS. In 1960, the Perguruan Tinggi Teknik 10 Nopember was adopted by the Government to become a state university with the name of Institut Teknologi Sepuluh Nopember, or ITS; and the Faculty of Civil Engineering was moved to a new location at Ketabang Kali Street, Surabaya. In 1972, the Faculty of Civil Engineering was again moved to its new campus at Manyar Street, Surabaya.
Finally in 1982, all faculties of ITS were relocated to the integrated campus at Sukolilo, Surabaya. In the same year, the undergraduate program of the Faculty of Civil Engineering was moved from Manyar to the Sukolilo campus, while the Program of Diploma-III of the Civil Engineering remained at the Manyar street location. In 1984, the Faculty of Civil Engineering in Sukolilo was reorganized to become Civil Engineering Department, and it became one of the departments under the Faculty of Civil Engineering and Planning. Since 1997, the Civil Engineering Department was finally moved to its permanent location at Sukolilo campus. Currently, the Civil Engineering Department of ITS is supported by fifty eight qualified academic staffs, including eight Professors, seventeen Doctors, thirty three Masters and one Undergraduate. The Civil Engineering Department is also supported by well equipped teaching facilities and six laboratories. The Civil Engineering Department also continuously maintains the accreditation status of “A” by the National Accreditation Board (BAN-PT) of Indonesia.
Nowadays, the Civil Engineering Department of ITS offers variety of Undergraduate programs, which are: the S-1 Reguler Undergraduate Program and the Transfer Undergraduate Program beyond the Diploma-III.